Customer Delivery Driver 7.5T
£14.26 or £16.00 PAYE
Monday to Friday Only
06:00 AM Start Time
Bedroom Furniture Deliveries
TEMP TO PERM
The job purpose is to delight our client's customers with an exceptional customer experience ensuring every task is carried out with our client's customers in mind. To be the face of our client for our customers, ensuring we drive courteously, give a warm greeting, handling products with care as you deliver products on time and to a room of their choice following the guidance in our Customer Delivery Charter.
Your key responsibilities as a Customer Delivery Driver will include:
- Ensure your vehicle is clean and fit for the next delivery in order to represent Bensons in our communities.
- Ensure compliance with all transport legal requirements; planning, pre-brief and de-brief processes.
- Ensure adherence to the company uniform policy including personal ID.
- Engage all customers by communicating in a warm, friendly and professional manner ensuring they are left with a positive impression of our service.
- Answer customer queries and feed back to Warehouse and Transport teams in order to resolve outstanding issues.
- Ensure overshoes are worn in customers' homes and gloves used during the delivery.
- Deliver all products to the customers room of choice.
- Install bedroom products once trained and capable to do so as required.
- Leave customer homes tidy, recycling any packaging that has been removed.
- Ensure that the Home Delivery process is adhered to and that the PDA is updated correctly
- Ensure outbound / inbound paperwork is completed promptly and accurately.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are adhered to when driving, parking and loading / unloading the vehicle.
- Ensure the vehicle is safe, legal and operational by completing daily checks and reporting issues as you find them.
- Work with warehouse teams to ensure products are loaded and wrapped correctly to stop damage, feeding back opportunities for improvement.
- Take care of products as if they were your own for deliveries and customer collections, ensuring the product is packaged and kept clean at all times.
Qualifications and skills required:
- UK driving licence Cat 1
- Valid driver's CPC DQ card / valid driver's digital card
- Previous commercial driving experience in a 7.5t vehicle
- Previous experience and understanding of using digital tachographs
- Previous experience within a customer facing role
- Ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy items of furniture with manual handling experience
- Understanding of EU Driving legislation and tachograph law
- Desirable experience of using a PDA
The benefits of working with Staffing Match as a Delivery Driver:
- Permanent position opportunity after 12 weeks
- Pension Scheme
- Up to 28 days of annual leave
- Career progression
If this description resonates with you, and you're eager to become part of an exceptional team dedicated to delivering outstanding customer service, don't hesitate to apply today! Alternatively, please contact Adrian directly on 07739 362 856
7.5 tonne * 7.5 tonne * 7.5 tonne * Driver * Driver * Driver