Logistics and Operation Planner
NORTHAMPTON, BRACKMILLS - NN4
£40K PER ANNUM
Staffing Match are proud to be working in partnership with one of the UK's leading logistics and distribution companies based in Northampton, NN4, who are looking for Logistics/Operation Planner to join their team!
This is a combined role of a Logistics and Operation Planner with added responsibilities of Purchasing. Knowledge of warehouse/logistics operations is essential.
Main duties of the role Logistics and Operation Planner:
- Generate and manage transparent, comprehensive operations and financial reports using advanced formulas.
- Monitor and analyse logistics performance metrics to identify areas of improvement.
- Manage the daily operations of the logistics team, including scheduling, resource allocation, and performance management.
- Monitor and manage consumables inventory levels, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Analyse and report on logistics costs and performance
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce logistics costs.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers and customers.
- Identifying any products, services and equipment to be purchased and negotiate best deals.
- Verifying the key suppliers for each procurement and build rapport.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Managing procurement budget and preparing cost estimates and forecasts
Logistics and Operation Planner - About you:
- Proficient Excel skills, working with advanced formulas.
- Knowledge of Microsoft
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active strategic approach to challenges.
- Highly motivated and able to build close relationships internally and externally to achieve an end goal.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, Business or similar would be advantageous.
Apply online today or call one of our team on 07864 903865 to get registered and ready to start your new job!