Salary: £28,000 up to £35,000 per annum - DOE
Staffing match currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Time-served Inspector to join a global cutting tool manufacturer.
Along with the current engineering team, the Quality Inspector plays a crucial role within the business - Responsible for supporting quality improvements ensuring each customer product is upheld to the highest expected standards.
Day shifts consist of a [4.5 day] working pattern (39 hours per week)
Day Shift - Monday-Thursday: 7.30-16.30/ Friday:7.30-12.30
*Afternoon work pattern may be required [4 day] - Monday-Thursday:13.45-23.30
Job Description for the role of a Quality Inspector
- First article inspection.
- Roaming Inspection- Checking precision tools during all production stages.
- Final Inspection - Ensuring tooling is correct to manufacturing drawing tolerances before being dispatched to the customer.
- Intrim Inspection - Inspecting tools to ensure they are correct to stage points in the manufacturing process.
- You will be using a range of measuring equipment daily, including a comparator micrometer, and slip gauges to measure in microns.
- As well as using the Zoller optical inspection machine to create programs and measure tools before they are dispatched.
- Inspecting most low batch quantities.
Essential Experience/Skill for the role of a Quality Inspector
- Time-served engineer with inspection experience.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to read component drawings and process documentation.
- Good verbal/ written skills.
- Understanding of delivery reliability and market demands.
- Ability to work to daily deadlines.
- Team player, with independent decision-making attributes, a common sense approach.
- Excellent attitude to training and knowledge transfer.
- Capable in computer skills.
- Flexible approach and a willing attitude.
- Experience for the role is required however, please note that full training will be given on equipment.
- 25 days annual holiday + bank holidays.
- Permanent position.
- Workplace pension.
- Death in service.
- Holiday pay.
- Company sickness scheme
If you meet the critera of a Time served quality inspector, please click APPLY and the team will be in contact.